Medicine Lodge
Select Page

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get utilities?

Contact the City Office at (620) 886-3908 to make arrangements for water, sewer, and solid waste (trash). Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. There is a $100.00 connection fee that will need to be paid before you can start service. For electric service, please contact Southern Pioneer Electric at (620)-886-5100. For gas service, please contact Kansas Gas Service at (800) 794-4780.

When does my trash get picked up?
The City contracts with Nisly Brothers, Inc. for solid waste service. Nisly’s collects residential trash weekly according to a pre-determined region. When you sign up for service, the City will advise what day your trash is collected. Or you can find the trash schedule map under “Utilities” on this website.
Am I required to get dog tags for my dog?
Yes. The City’s policy is for all dogs to be registered with the City on annual basis every January. The regular fee is $15 per dog, and the discounted fee is $5 if your dog is spayed/neutered.
What permits does the City require if I want to build something?
The City requires a zoning permit be issued prior to construction of any building or modifications to an existing building, including residential homes. Applications for permits can be obtained online or at the City Office.
What do I do in the event of a water or sewer emergency?
In the event of a water or sewer emergency please call city hall at (620) 886-3908. If the emergency is after office hours please call dispatch at (620) 886-5678.
What do I bid on City projects?

City projects will be published in the Gyp Hills Premiere, and on the our website here.  If you have other questions about City procurement activities please call City Hall at (620) 886-3908.

How do I know if my business is in the Community Improvement District (CID)?

You can consult the map by clicking here or use the Kansas Department of Revenue’s sales tax look up tool at 

Question, comment or concern?